Church Administrator, Montgomery UMC
MONTGOMERY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
22548 Hwy 105 W.
Montgomery, Texas 77356
Job Posting: Church Administrator
Position Type: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Purpose: Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the daily operational and administrative functions of the church. The Church Secretary, Finance Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, and Pre-School Director report to the Church Administrator.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with flexibility to adjust schedule.
- Develops and coordinates processes and procedures to gather input for weekly, monthly and year end reports to Conference Office
- Coordinates with Committee Chairs on needs and requests
- General office administration in support of pastors, staff, and membership
- Serve on the Preschool Board
- Manages Church IT services to insure financial system security profiles are properly maintained, as directed by Finance Chair.
- Oversee access, reporting, archiving, and operation of IT equipment and applications
Building/Trustees Administrative Functions:
- Primary contact, or point person, for church maintenance, janitorial, and security services
- Primary person for door/alarms set times
- Emergency Response Coordinator including CPR, Safe Sanctuary, defibrillator certification, evacuation details, and lock down procedures
- Manage building inspections, including fire alarm systems, sprinkler system, fire extinguishers, and health permits
- Support Church Staff Parrish Relations Committee (HR)
- Provide leadership and supervision to direct reporting staff
- Assure that church expenditures are within budget and financial policies are followed
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Committee and Key Governance Boards throughout the Church
- Relational sensitivity to the diverse needs of members, community, and staff
- Ability to create a positive team-focused culture and have a vibrant personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Awareness and sensitivity to the need for confidentiality
- Advanced level of inter/intra personal skills
- Able to multi-tasking and prioritize work
- General understanding of systems and technology necessary to manage outside vendors for maintenance
- Clerical organizational skills
- Proven organizational, financial, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to design and create new processes and procedures to achieve objectives
Education Requirements/Experience Requirements:
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledgeable in the use of basic software systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, etc.
- Experience in managing IT Services (preferred)
- Knowledgeable of ongoing business management practices
Interested candidates please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org