Children’s Ministry Director - FUMC Mountain Home, AK
Children’s Ministry Director First United Methodist Church in Mountain Home, Arkansas is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director. A well-established congregation averaging 350 in worship weekly, FUMCMH seeks to share with others the mission of “Making Life Better and YOU Better at Life Through Jesus Christ.”
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of ministry to children in pre-K through 5th grades, building relationships with children and their families, and recruiting, training, and equipping a team of volunteers. This person will also oversee the nursery and the Children’s Worship moments, in the main worship service.
This position reports directly to the senior pastor.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
● Develops weekly programs for the children of our church and community
● Enlists, trains, resources, and encourages adult leadership for children’s ministry events (recruitment and training are essential)
● Supports and equips parents in the spiritual formation of their child’s life
● Organizes the infrastructure of the ministry, ordering paperwork, guiding processes, implementing systems, and managing child protective policies
● Communicates regularly with key ministry stakeholders, both inside the church and those who are a part of the community
● Stewards the budget and maintains the financial accountability of the ministry Qualifications for this position are:
● Minimum High School diploma/GED, but some college is preferred.
● 1-3 years of student ministry experience is preferred
● Ability to demonstrate and articulate a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ
● An understanding of Wesleyan Theology
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
● Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records
● Strong competence and comfort with technology, including effectively utilizing platforms of digital communications, social media, and church-specific software
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Ability to be flexible and think creatively
● Ability to lift up to 25 pounds Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org