Bookkeeper - Westbury UMC
The Bookkeeper is a part-time position and is responsible for managing church finances and financial business processes. This includes processing weekly offerings and other forms of income, and bill payment as well as oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, check request, and payroll processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive, count, enter, and deposit weekly tithes and offerings received via weekend services, mail, online, stock transfer, etc.
- Receive, review, record, and pay bills and other expenses as directed.
- Plan for upcoming expenses and manage cash flow as required to meet the operational needs of the church.
- Establish and manage purchasing, expense reimbursement, check request, and other financial business processes.
- Manage payroll for church and school staff ensuring funds are transferred and payroll data is entered each pay period.
- Establish and manage bank accounts as the church’s business needs dictate.
- Produce and distribute quarterly and annual general fund giving statements.
- Assist in developing an annual financial budget with Resource Committee and Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as an accounting/finance person. The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Shelby (or other similar software applications) Microsoft Office (including Excel), general accounting principles and other related applications.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org