Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries - Arborlawn UMC
As Arborlawn United Methodist Church continues to emphasize children's ministries as one of the core areas of focus, and as the faith community continues to grow, we recognize the need of an Assistant Director of Children's Ministry to keep pace with the current and anticipated vision and growth of the church. The addition of an Assistant director to the children's ministry team would add another set of hands to further engage present and future families. With the current responsibilities of the Director of Children's Ministry at capacity, an Assistant Director would be able to focus on more age specific activities, small groups, mom/parent/grandparent groups, mission clubs, parent resources, social media, and Ministry Safe.
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries is a part time position (15 hours) nurturing children birth through 5th grade in their life and faith, connecting with their families, and developing ministry areas to meet the needs of the families.
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday 9:00-3:00 and Sunday mornings. Other hours and days may be necessary depending on events throughout the year.
Sunday School and Children’s Programs: 70%
- Assist the Director of Children’s Ministry in recruiting, equipping, and providing support to the CM volunteers for programming such as Sunday School, VBC, Wednesday night programs, and other special events.
- Assist the Director of CM in planning and carrying out family fellowship events and other special programming.
- Meet weekly with the Director of CM and attend staff meeting when necessary.
- Assist the Director of CM in reaching and assimilating new families.
- Train and schedule acolytes.
- Update Ministry Safe on all CM volunteers and staff.
- Work with the staff on whatever is needed. Be a team player!
- Oversee website and social media for CM Facebook.
- Send monthly emails to families.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Job Listing Information
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and some background information to Kim@ArborlawnUMC.org.