Administrative Assistant - Riverside UMC
Principal Functions: Under The direction of Senior Pastor
To administrate the operations within the church office and maintain the services of bookkeeping, church calendar, answering of phone and e-mails, publications, and correspondence.
The Secretary is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor. The Secretary may supervise other office assistants or office volunteers.
- Computer skills (Basic Microsoft Office)
- Organization and time management
- Verbal, listening, and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Tact, discretion, and diplomacy
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Computer literacy; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Acts as the church office receptionist you are responsible for all church related correspondence, directing phone calls, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
- Maintain office supplies/materials.
- Coordinate the Church Calendar and keep records of the administrative forms related to ministries and all events.
- Coordinate and help administer the church and pastoral staff appointment calendars in conjunction with daily church office activities.
- Keep ministerial staff and others informed of crises or ministry opportunities within the congregation and community.
- Maintain church files in cooperation with the Business Administrator, SPRC, Administrative Chair, Trustees and Finance Committee.
- Maintain confidential files of the ministerial staff.
- Support ministry volunteers by preparing, and editing church publications including church e-newsletter, and social media.
- Prepare denominational statistics in partnership with the Financial and Membership Secretary.
- Prepare news releases in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Assists the Pastoral office in preparing worship action, events, baptisms, and special presentations.
- High school diploma or higher (Preferred)
- Monday- 10:00 AM-5:00PM
- Tuesday- 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- Wednesday- 11:00 PM- 6:00 PM
- Thursday- 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- Friday- Off
- Saturday- Off
- Sunday- Off
Salary Agreement: ____$1,700.00____________ per __month_