Administrative Assistant - Center for Congregational Excellence, Houston
The Texas Annual Conference Center for Congregational Excellence is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant.
To provide first contact support at the front desk of the Center for Congregational Excellence (CCE), to provide administrative support to the staff, members and ministries of CCE including “We Love All God’s Children”, Church Revitalization, Youth and Young Adult ministries and other “Mission Field Ministries.”
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and use database systems
- Ability to communicate well with both the written and spoken word
- Ability to create, proof and edit written communications
- Ability to use and troubleshoot office equipment
- Ability to manage time and tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with a wide range of personalities both of staff and public
- Ability to work well as a team member as well as independently
- Able to seek help when needed
- A willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Be point of contact for the all arms of the CCE.
- Facilitate scheduling of events in VCI in consultation with Project Coordinator.
- Work with the Annual Conference Communications Director on maintenance of CCE portion of Conference website.
- Proofing and rewriting of written communications
- Registrar for Certified Lay Ministry (CLM) & Certified Lay Speaker (CLS) trainings
- The administrative assistant to the clergy and directors of “We Love All God’s Children”, Church Revitalization Ministries, Youth and Young Adult Ministries, and “Mission Field Ministries”
The responsibilities of this position are central to the mission of the CCE of the Texas Annual Conference. The person is expected to be committed to the mission of the Texas Annual Conference and to supporting the people of the community that we serve. These expectations are summarized by the following:
- Affirm and embrace the mission and vision of the Texas Annual Conference.
- Commitment to work in a close, supportive and positive manner with the Clergy staff, staff colleagues, and lay staff in seeking to fulfill the mission of the Center for Congregational Excellence and the Texas Annual Conference.
Rev. Robert Besser - Director, Congregational Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org