Accounts Payable Specialist/Grants Compliance Officer - Texas Annual Conference
Accounts Payable Specialist/Grants Compliance Officer needed to work in a positive and respectful office environment in Houston’s Museum District with approximately 25 colleagues and coworkers. The office serves as the Office of the Bishop of the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, the administrative and spiritual leader for all United Methodist churches and clergy in Southeast Texas.
The Accounts Payable Specialist/Grants Compliance Officer will serve as the Administrative Assistant for the Center for Connectional Resources and work under the direction of the Director of the Center for Connectional Resources, who is the Treasurer and Benefits Officer for the Texas Annual Conference. The Accounts Payable Specialist/Grants Compliance Officer will work in positive and respectful relationship with the Director and other staff members and volunteer leaders to assist the Center administratively, process accounts payable, and help ministry leaders comply with grant reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining positive and respectful relationships with the Director and staff and volunteer leaders
- Scheduling and calendaring meetings and supporting CCR Boards, Councils and Committees, as needed, including:
- Council on Finance and Administration
- Board of Trustees
- Group Health Benefits Committee
- Board of Pensions
- Investments Committee
- Committee on Episcopacy
- Safe Sanctuary Committee
- Commission on Archives and History
- Joint Committee on Medical Leave
- Assisting Director and CCR staff with letters, emails, mailings, soft and hard copy file systems, vouchers and other administrative tasks, as needed
- Reviewing Center webpage weekly and alerting Director and/or Center staff when changes are needed
- Receiving, reviewing and processing Golden Cross ministry (medical care assistance) requests
- Building positive and supportive relationships with Texas Annual Conference staff members who receive grant funding;
- Reading, understanding, and filing all grant applications, letters, and reporting requirements;
- Working with fiscal staff to create the documentation grant recipients need to meet reporting requirements;
- Working with grant recipients to assure compliance and timely and accurate reporting.
- Completing payments and controlling processes for contractors and vendors
- Processing credit card billing and overseeing credit card expenses
- Processing Center Directors and DSs reimbursable expenses
- Processing employee check requests and expense reports
- Processing stop payments and cancelled check requests
- Maintaining outstanding checks log
- Maintaining vendor files, including W-9s
- Maintaining 1099 list
- Maintaining accounts payable files (scanning and filing)
- High School diploma or GED required. College education and/or additional training preferred.
- Five years administrative office experience required. Accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred. Non-profit or church office experience preferred. United Methodist Church experience preferred.
- Good moral character required. Courteous respectful team player required. Practicing United Methodist or Christian preferred.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Proficiency in the use of computers, scanners, printers, copiers and other office equipment required. Proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel required. Experience with Shelby Financial and/or other accounting software programs preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills required. Good decision making and professional writing skills preferred.
- Annual salary based on skills and experience
- Excellent benefits, including group health insurance paid by employer; employer-matched retirement savings plan; ten holidays each year plus vacation, sick, and personal days
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed. However, this is not a complete list of qualities, skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with this position.
Interested applicants should send a resume to Director Rev. Carol Bruse at firstname.lastname@example.org