Your Retiree Medical/Drug Benefits (Age 65+)
Staying healthy is everyone’s priority! You do your part by taking care of yourself, and The Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church (TAC) provides three valuable medical coverage options to help you protect your health.
Who is eligible?
- Retired TAC clergy and lay employees (whose salary paying unit was the TAC’s fiscal office) who are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B are eligible for the medical plans described here. You do not have to be enrolled in Medicare to choose the TAC Stipend Program.
- If you are a clergy retiree who has not yet reached age 65, please see Your Retiree Medical Benefits (Under Age 65). Conference lay employees are not eligible for retiree medical benefits prior to age 65.
About your retiree medical options
You have the following choices for medical coverage in 2017:
- Medicare Advantage plan (Humana Medicare Advantage (MAP) Group PPO plan). This Medicare Advantage plan replaces the benefits that would be paid with a combination of traditional Medicare, a Medicare supplement plan and Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage). This plan has no annual deductible but has small co-pays including hospital, emergency room and office visits. It includes prescription drug coverage. The Humana MAP plan does require that your provider bill Humana in order to receive any benefits under the plan. In-network and out-of-network benefits are identical under this PPO plan. Learn more about this plan.
- Medicare Supplemental plan (UnitedHealthcare Senior Supplement plan and UnitedHealthcare Medicare Rx for Groups [PDP] plan). This plan covers most benefits after the $500 medical deductible is met. This plan can be used with any Medicare provider to help cover costs that Medicare may not cover. Prescription drug coverage is also provided.
- TAC Stipend Program. TAC will provide funds ($190 per month per stipend participant) that you can use to purchase medical coverage on your own.
Please note that the stipend option replaces your Group Health Benefits Plan in its entirety, as you will be purchasing your own medical policy in lieu of participating in a TAC Retiree Group Health Benefits Plan.
- See your 2017 monthly cost of coverage.
Here is a high-level comparison of your three retiree medical options for 2017:
|Humana Medicare Advantage PPO Plan||UnitedHealthcare Senior Supplement Plan and UnitedHealthcare Medicare Rx for Groups (PDP) plan||TAC Stipend Program|
|Participant cost||Individual $193.58||Family $387.16||Individual $277.38||Family $554.76||
Because you will use the stipend to purchase medical coverage on your own, the plan provisions and coverage will depend on the plan you choose.
|Impact on Medicare||Replaces TraditionalMedicare||Supplements Medicare|
|Per hospital co-pay||$175||None|
|Emergency room co-pay||$65||None|
|Office visit co-pay||$5 / $15||None|
|Provider required to participate||Yes||No|
|Prescription drug deductible||
|Specialty||25% of cost||N/A||$75.00||$150.00|
|Prescription coverage in the gap||Yes||Yes|
|Nurse Hot Line||Yes||Yes|
|Wellness Program||Yes - Go 365 Humana and Silver Sneakers||Yes - Silver Sneakers|
|Phone for questions||1-800-824-8242||
1-888-556-6648 (Part D)
|* For those who retired before 1992: Retirees deduct $75 and surviving spouses deduct $55|
Mental health benefits under your retiree plans
|Humana Medicare Advantage Group PPO Plan||UnitedHealthcare Senior Supplement Plan||TAC Stipend Program|
|Mental, substance abuse and nervous care
Requires precertification or preauthorization
|Because you will use the stipend to purchase medical coverage on your own, the plan provisions and coverage will depend on the plan you choose.|
Need help finding providers or have questions about providers?
- For the Humana plan, visit www.humana.com or call 1-800-824-8242.
- For the UnitedHealthcare Senior Supplement plan, visit www.uhcretiree.com or call 1-800-851-3802.
- For the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Rx for Groups (PDP) plan, visit www.uhcmedicarerxforgroups.com or call 1-888-556-6648.
Want to know more?
- Read the details about the UnitedHealthcare Senior Supplement Plan
- Read the details about the Humana Group Medicare plan
- Discover the Wellness Program
- If you have questions...