The Wellness Program
It’s a universal truth: Everything in life—work, home and play—is easier, better and more satisfying if you and your family are in good health. Add to that a positive, spiritual outlook, and you have a recipe for changing the world—or at least your corner of it!
Of course, some aspects of our mental and physical health we have no control over and have to address with our doctors. Others, however, are well within our ability to control with some combination of diet, exercise, medication and lifestyle.
That’s the purpose of the Wellness Program—to holistically encourage and reward positive action in all areas: spiritual, psychological and physical.
The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church (TAC) wants you to be as healthy as you can be—just like you do. Here are some reasons everybody can appreciate:
- You’ll feel better!
- Your outlook on life—and your influence on the outlook of others—is more positive.
- You’re more effective at your job.
- Your clothes fit better.
- You’ll enrich your lifestyle with new awareness techniques and receive financial incentives (up to $2,000).
- Because it’s fun, encouraging and great fellowship, with an outstanding professional medical team ready to help.
- Because we’re a connectional system, the more we do collectively to hold down our health care costs means more money for accomplishing our mission.
- Most of our medical plans are self-funded, which means TAC pays the medical bills, not a large insurance company. So, a healthier workforce helps us hold down our medical cost increases.
Want to know more?
- If you have questions...
- Visit the American Cancer Society Web site
- Visit the American Diabetes Association Web site
- Visit the American Heart Association Web site