Enrollment into the TAC Wellness Program
Participate in a Day of Wellness
Enrolling in the TAC Wellness Program is easy and fun – attend a Day of Wellness with Houston Methodist Wellness Services. (See "Are you eligible" to determine if you are eligible to participate.) Each year multiple days are scheduled by the Center for Clergy Excellence with Houston Methodist Wellness Services. You need only to attend a full-day, Day of Wellness, one time to be enrolled in the program and start receiving the benefits.
What Will Your Day of Wellness Include?
Dress comfortably in exercise or casual clothes, because this is not a boring day of lectures! Your day begins with cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, weight and blood pressure screenings, followed by a nutritious breakfast. (You will need to fast starting at midnight the night before. Water, black coffee, and black tea are permitted.)
Then, you'll participate in six informative sessions, all designed to help you improve your health and well-being. During these sessions, you will:
- Get one-to-one coaching with a wellness coach to help you reach your wellness goals.
- Learn about super foods that can have a significant effect on your health.
- Discover and learn to manage what triggers stress in you.
- Get some practical information on good nutrition practices.
- Learn easy and effective strength-building exercises.
- Practice stretching and flexibility exercises.
We start at 9 AM with the six sessions/stations. You should plan to arrive starting at 8 AM to get your screenings done and enjoy breakfast. We serve lunch, during which we explain all the benefits of the TAC Wellness program. We finish by 3 PM.
Choose a Date and Register!
Like what you see? Then it's time to sign up! Here are some things to keep in mind:
Please read the procedures for Registering for a Day of Wellness and Register online with Methodist Wellness Services below.
- Registration for each Day of Wellness is limited to 36 participants. A minimum of 20 participants are needed to hold a Day of Wellness. In the event a Day of Wellness is cancelled due to low attendance; you will be notified and you will have a chance to select a remaining date.
- You must submit a $175 registration fee via a check made out to "Group Health Benefits – TAC" and send to Texas Annual Conference, 5215 Main St., Houston, TX, 77002-9752, Attn: Nancy Slade to guarantee registration. If you and your spouse are both participating, send two checks for $175 each, in case one of you is not able to attend. If you are a TAC employee or spouse participant of the Group Health Benefits program, you will receive your check back at the conclusion of the Day of Wellness, so there will be no cost for you or your spouse to attend. If you fail to attend, your check will be cashed to offset the fee charged for the day. Your check is a guarantee that you will show up and participate for the day. Participants may attend the Day of Wellness more than once, but reimbursement of the registration fee is limited to the initial event.
- You only need to attend the Day of Wellness once to be eligible for weight loss incentives and the deductible credit (i.e. you do not need to repeat the Day of Wellness each year). If a participant wants to attend the Day of Wellness more than once, the individual is responsible for the $175 registration fee. TAC reimbursement of the registration fee is limited to the participant's initial attendance.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email.
- You may cancel your registration up to five days before the event and receive your check back in the mail or transfer to a remaining Day of Wellness event.
- For more information, please contact Nancy Slade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-713-521-9383, ext. 322.
August 17 – Winterfield UMC, Longview
September 21 – Bellaire UMC
October 19 – Atascocita UMC
Want to know more?