New for 2016: ‘Nutrition Reboot’ - an optional half-day Wellness event
For those of you who asked… “Nutrition Reboot” is an exciting new optional half-day Wellness event for Active Clergy, Lay Employees and Spouses in the Group Health Benefits Plan who attended a Day of Wellness prior to 2014. Designed to recharge your batteries and give you additional tools to reach your wellness goals, Nutrition Reboot is a follow-up to your initial Day of Wellness experience.
Your day begins with cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, weight and blood pressure screenings, followed by a nutritious breakfast. (You will need to fast starting at midnight the night before. Water, black coffee, and black tea are permitted.)
Then, you’ll participate in three rotations, all designed to help you improve your healthy eating habits. During these sessions, you will:
- Enjoy Hands-On, Healthy Cooking: Real food, real simple, great results! Put on your chef’s hat and prepare (and eat!) several easy, delicious and nutritious recipes. Learn how easy it is to make nutritious and good-tasting food a part of your everyday lifestyle.
- Learn about Mood foods: Yes, it is possible to manage stress and overcome the blues by watching what (and when) you eat. Learn which foods are “perfect pick-me-ups” and which are energy-zapping.
- Discover the Food Scams: Buyer beware! Food marketing is powerful. Consumers purchase products because they are ‘natural’! And gluten-free! The eye-opening truth will make you a well-informed consumer by revealing some of the most deceptive items in your grocery store. Walk away knowing which foods are worth buying to keep you and your family feeling good!
We start at 9 AM with the three sessions/stations. You should plan to arrive starting at 8 AM to get your screenings done and enjoy breakfast. We are finished by 12 pm (noon).
Choose a Nutrition Reboot date and register!
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Registration for each Nutrition Reboot is limited to 24 participants. A minimum of 18 participants are needed to hold a Nutrition Reboot. If a Nutrition Reboot is cancelled due to low attendance, you will be notified and you will have a chance to select a remaining date.
- You must submit a $140 registration fee via a check made out to “Group Health Benefits – TAC” and send to Texas Annual Conference, 5215 Main St., Houston, TX, 77002-9752, Attn: Nancy Slade to guarantee registration. If you and your spouse are both participating, send two checks for $140 each, in case one of you is not able to attend. If you are a TAC employee or spouse participant of the Group Health Benefits program, you will receive your check back at the conclusion of the Nutrition Reboot, so there will be no cost for you or your spouse to attend. If you fail to attend, your check will be cashed to offset the fee charged for the day. Your check is a guarantee that you will show up and participate for the day.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email.
- You may cancel your registration up to five days before the event and receive your check back in the mail or transfer to a remaining Nutrition Reboot event.
- For more information, please contact Nancy Slade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-713-521-9383, ext. 322.
August 12th – Winterfield UMC, Longview
November 4th – Bellaire UMC
Registration for the half-day Nutrition Reboot is online with Methodist Wellness Services. Register here