A Grandfather’s Love
Hugh Johnson, member of Shepherd of the Heart UMC in Pearland shares these tips with his grandchildren, and other young people of the Texas Annual Conference – tips for getting more out of the worship service each week:
- Attend church and be blessed by God the Heavenly Father who loves you a lot!
- Remember, God wants to help you live better in all areas of your life, so it is important to be in church regularly.
- Don’t be bored in church. First, listen to the sermon until you hear one thing God wants you to do this week or one thing you did not know before.
- Pay attention to the words of the songs and prayers until you hear the one thing you want to say to God.
- Try to say or do one thing to encourage some other person at church or in your life.