Change the World 2012
In 2011, churches who participated in Rethink Church events involved a large number of volunteers from outside their faith communities – allowing them to engage new people for Christ through socially relevant activities.
Change the World (May 19-20, 2012) is the next big Rethink Church event that your congregation can benefit from. It’s a fully connectional global event that highlights local and foreign missions of the church.
Check out this Change the World video that will attract visitors to your project!
I’d like to participate, but I’ve run out of time! That's OK.
Here are some simple ways to Change the World!:
· During worship on Sunday, May 20, invite people to text MALARIA to 27722 and donate $10.
· Encourage people in your church and community to text SWAT to 27722 and sign the petition to save lives by reducing deaths from malaria.
· Do a follow-up session on malaria in small groups using free FaithLink curriculum
Register for Change the World and receive:
· Free marketing kit (includes a reusable lawn banner and more)
· National advertising that directs people to rethinkchurch.org where your activity is offered to external volunteers
· A free sermon series multimedia bundle to aid you in continuing the Change the World conversation beyond your service weekend.
As part of Change the World weekend, many are fighting malaria through awareness and fund raising. Check out Imagine No Malaria ideas for your event.
True change happens from the inside out … but often begins from the outside in! As we build community locally or fight malaria globally, we change the world … and ourselves!
For more information, go to www.umcom.org/changetheworld.