Vital Congregations Project: Congregational Tool Available
The Vital Congregations Project website resource is now available. This resource is designed to help congregations understand the Call to Action's adaptive challenge to "redirect the flow of attention, energy and resources to an intense concentration on fostering and sustaining an increase in the number of vital congregations effective in making disciples of Jesus Christ."
The site provides:
· video resources to tell the story of The UMC.
· statistical data to help congregations better understand their own history.
· demographic data to help congregations understand their communities.
· a place to input goals and see projections for your congregation for the next four years.
· resources for achieving the goals based upon the five metrics that lead congregations to become a more vital and healthy church.
A few elements of the site are still in progress including the Multi-Rater Inquiry tool, the "Achieving the Goals" tab with resources and the by District and by Conference access. Each conference will be given a log in to reach the administrative page for access to this information. More on this information will be shared in the next few weeks.
We welcome thoughts, celebrations, constructive critiques and any other feedback you can offer that will help the Church as we continue to develop and refine this tool for congregational health and vitality throughout The United Methodist Church.