This Week in Texas Methodist History


Cornerstone Laid for Kirby Hall at SMU, April 3, 1924.

As SMU was ending its first decade of existence, the School of Theology finally found a home of its own, Kirby Hall. The cornerstone of that building was laid during the Fondren Lectures on April 3, 1924. The cornerstone was laid by three MECS bishops, Boaz, Moore, and Mouzon and Bishop Herbert Welch.


Read more at the Texas Methodist History Blog