UMW Mission: Reconciliation
United Methodist Women is offering a National Seminar called “
For the first time, they are conducting an open application for 25 additional women to join the 125 already chosen by their conferences and jurisdictions (see criteria below). Women's Division will cover reasonable expenses of travel, registration and meals.
Space is limited and the application deadline is April 1, 2011.
In a gathering that reflects rich diversity of race, ethnicity, age and geographic makeup, the Mission: Reconciliation will engage participants in:
- Bible study and spiritual reflection.
- Dialogue about current social, political and economic realities of our time.
- Critical analysis of the domestic and global issues that affect women, children and youth.
- Celebration of the extraordinary work that God is accomplishing through the witness of United Methodist Women.
- Equipping ourselves for the many works of justice—service, advocacy, caring and hospitality.
- Developing new tools to strengthen the witness of UMW conferences, districts, local units and other groups.
About the National Seminar
The National Seminar is a social justice leadership development event held every four years. Participation in the National Seminar includes United Methodist Women conference officers, district officers, selected jurisdictional representatives and Green Team members.
Participants must reside in the