Five Stars of Excellence in Christian Education
Sponsored by: Committee for Faith-Forming Relationships and Spiritual Formation & Texas Conference Christian Educators Fellowship
The Five Stars of Excellence in Christian Education recognizes congregations in the Texas Annual Conference that are committed to effective ministries in Christian Education. The program’s goals are:
- to assist local congregations to make and grow disciples of Christ;
- to encourage, promote, strengthen, and facilitate the growth of Christian Education and faith formation programs;
- to connect Christian Education to the overall ministry of the local church and the connectional church.
This program is designed to help churches develop and maintain the following:
- Mission statements and goals for the ministry area of Christian Education and faith formation that reflect a connection to the overall mission of the local congregation
- Involvement of clergy in Christian Education
- Calling, Equipping, and Affirming leaders
- Caring, Inviting, and Reaching Out
- Providing resources and support for all persons involved in Christian Education.
The Five Stars of Excellence in Christian Education program has three levels of awards:
- The Five Stars of Excellence Award is given to churches that fully complete the criteria set forth within five different areas. Churches should strive to achieve this award every year.
- The Rising Star Award recognizes the work being done in churches that are striving to improve, create, or strengthen their Christian Education program. A church may receive this award only one time.
- The Shooting Star Award recognizes programs or events that are exemplary in nature. This award may be received every two years. Congregations must have received the Five Stars of Excellence Award the previous year and qualify to receive it in the current year.
The Five Stars of Excellence program runs from April 15th to April 15th each year. All churches wishing to be considered for recognition should submit the completed application to the program administrator by Wednesday, April 30th, 2014. Awards will be presented during Annual Conference.
NEW THIS YEAR: Please note that the criteria have been updated for 2014. Also, along with the completed forms, submit photos of ministries described in the application. Each participating church is encouraged to have at least one staff or lay leader become a member of Christian Educators Fellowship.
Program Summary (PDF)
For more information, contact:
Ellen Edwards, Five Star Administrator
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
5501 Main Street, Houston, TX 77004
713-528-0527 or firstname.lastname@example.org