Mission Center: Disaster Case Manager
Status: Full-Time, Variable Hours, Not to Exceed 40 hours per week. 1 year contract. 2nd and 3rd year contingent upon performance and receipt of grant funds
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Office location: Houston, TX
Lake Jackson, TX
- Serves as primary point of contact between client and necessary recovery network partners and recovery agencies.
- Assist clients in coordinating necessary services and resources to address client’s complex disaster recovery needs in order to re-establish “normalcy.”
- Empowers client to play an active role in their own recovery.
- Leads outreach to and screening of potential clients.
- Provides intake for case management services.
- Assess client needs.
- Assist client in establishing a recovery plan.
- Advocate for client.
- Monitor progress of client’s recovery.
- Walk beside client to bring closure to traumatic situation.
- Provides information and referral to client to appropriate services.
- Attend UMCOR Case Management training and maintain appropriate certifications.
- Provide case information to Construction Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure timely addressing of client needs.
- Coordinates recovery work with Construction Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Provides information to Project Coordinator as requested.
- Presents unmet needs or other information to LTRGs as requested by Project Coordinator.
- Recruit and train volunteer Case Workers.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Rev. Scott Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.