Are you eligible for the Wellness Program?
YES! If you participate in The Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church (TAC) Group Health Benefits program, you are invited for a day of energetic enrichment!
To participate in a Day of Wellness and be eligible for up to $2,000 in weight loss incentives for achieving your weight loss goals, you must be one of the following:
- TAC active clergy and currently participating in the Group Health Benefits program;
- Lay employee participating in the Group Health Benefits program;
- Dependent spouse (of clergy or laity) enrolled in the Group Health Benefits program; or
- Retired clergy and spouses under the age of 65. (Retirees and their over age 65 spouses have wellness programs through their Medicare supplement programs).
As a member of the above groups, your $175 registration fee is paid by the TAC Group Health Benefits plan. Participants may attend the Day of Wellness more than once; however, the individual is responsible for the $175 registration fee after attending the first Day of Wellness. TAC coverage of the registration fee is limited to the initial event.
If you fall into one of the following categories, you are eligible to participate in a Day of Wellness but your $175 registration fee will not be reimbursed and you are not eligible for incentives.
- Part-time clergy
- Retired clergy and spouses 65 and over.
- Clergy in extension ministries (not employed by TAC as salary-paying unit) may be able to have their employer pay the cost of the program.
- Laity employed by local churches or district office (who are not a TAC salary-paying unit employee) and who are not participants in the Group Health Benefits program.
- Members of local United Methodist churches or friends of TAC with the approval of the Director of the Center for Clergy Excellence.