The Six Components of the Wellness Program
Good health and well-being take more than just eating right and exercise! The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church (TAC) holds a holistic view of wellness, where the body, mind and spirit are all engaged.
Here are the six important aspects of the wellness program. Participating in these activities will not only help you earn incentives (if you’re eligible), they could change your life!
- Participation in A Day of Wellness with Methodist Hospital.
- Measurable progress toward achieving the target body mass index (BMI) of 25 or less.
- Exercise at least three times a week for 20 minutes or more.
- Eating a nutritious, balanced diet.
- Participation in a small-group spiritual experience (laity weekly church attendance will suffice).
- Getting an annual physical exam.
Unable to participate in any of these components?
You may request an alternative plan developed specifically for your physical abilities and limitations. Simply provide a letter from your doctor stating both your inability to participate in a specific component and an indication of your ability to participate in an alternate activity.